Home > Make A Change – Become A Councillor – Casual Vacancy for Flitwick Part West

Make A Change – Become A Councillor – Casual Vacancy for Flitwick Part West


Flitwick Town Council – Casual Vacancy – Flitwick Part West


Are you passionate about your community?  Do you want to help make a long-lasting change?  Do you have innovative ideas for the Council?  Do you have concerns about a specific issue and want to do something about it?  If this is you, then we need you!

We need people from all backgrounds and experiences who reflect their community to put themselves forward to become a Councillor.


Local (parish and town) Councils and Councillors make a massive difference to local people’s quality of life.  They are passionate about their communities and seek to make a change to help improve their residents’ lives.

Councillors represent the local community, so you must either live or work in Flitwick.  Becoming a Councillor is a rewarding experience.  A Councillor’s role can include developing strategies and plans for the area; helping with problems and ideas; representing the community; working with other local community groups; decision making and reviewing decisions and talking to the community about their needs and what the Council is doing.

Local Councils can only be as helpful, connected, and energetic as the people who run them, so we need Councillors capable, enthusiastic and engaged to reflect their communities.

If you are interested in becoming a Councillor, please look at the Town Council’s Co-option Policy on our website.  Anyone interested in becoming a Councillor can contact the Town Clerk either by phone (01525 631900), by email (robmcgregor@flitwick.gov.uk) or by post – Flitwick Town Council, The Rufus Centre, Steppingley Road, Flitwick, Beds, MK45 1AH.  You will need to respond by Tuesday 1st February 2022.

You can find out more about becoming a Councillor on The Electoral Commission and Local Government Association websites. There are three ways that you can become a Councillor; standing for election, filling a vacant seat after an election (co-opted) or filling a casual vacancy.

Scroll to Top